Monday, May 29, 2006

Okay

So once again I'm spreading the buzz around that I'm thinking of quitting this blog. Again why? Just not really liking having so many people see what my life is doing. But sometimes I want the world to know something, like a party or a gig or maybe some congratulations to someone for a job well done. So this thing is gonna stick around, but I wouldn't expect much if I was you guys. Move me to your "visit every 4 days or so" pile.

Also to advertise the following.

WANTED

Enthusiastic bass player looking for :
- One (1) and only one guitarist and one (1) drummer in the Weyburn to Regina area. Must be quite proficient and good at what they do. Must be able to play in time signatures beyond 4/4 and 3/4. Must have good, dependable stage rig and instuments. Must have love for and desire for experimentation musically and beyond. Must be enthusiastic, imaginative, resourseful, dedicated and fun. Previous performing act experience and/or ability to sing is a definite asset but not necessary.

This will be a "from scratch" band. I'm shooting at a sound in the area of such bands such as Rush, Tool, Muse, System of a Down, Pink Floyd and Queen. Although I'm totally open to whatever happens when we finally get together. 90-95% of the material will be original compositions.

The application/selection process is going to take forever, but it will ultimately build the band with the best chemistry and dedication. What's going to happen is, if you want to apply, e-mail me at jeremy.pilon@gmail.com and I'll get the ball rolling. I'll send you a list of things I'd like to apply, maybe some questions. I'll do the same stuff I ask you to do. I'll then e-mail all applicants the answers to these e-mails, including mine. We'll listen, maybe come to some ideas of some groups together and do some jams. This kind of intermingling will continue with different jams and ideas coming together untill I and we come to a final product.

Successful applicants will have arrived on time having already eaten.

5 comments:

Soulfood said...

Does a cardboard box with elastics count as "dependable"? What if this person has extra elastics and a kleenex box that is almost empty???

Soulfood said...

Oh, and you spelled resourceful incorrectly.

Anonymous said...

Don't quit Pookie

Demoncrush said...

I agree, please don't quit, your blog is always the first site I load up.

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://neveo.info/1651.html and http://google-machine.info/1788.html