Saturday, July 21, 2007

New Project and off to Camping

So I got to sit down with Dave last night and begin work on a new band we've been discussing doing. It's an interesting approach because we've got lots of ideas, want to avoid setting guidelines and boundaries. It's like a big lump of clay right now, it could be ANYTHING, but last night we started moulding it a bit. We discussed some of the projects we've done in the past, what we liked about them. We bounced a couple songs off each other that we'd been writing, teaching each other how to play and expanding on the ideas. We also discussed possible members and genres too. I think this will be an exciting and entertaining band, and I'm very anxious to get right into it, but patience may be key as both Dave and I need to get the Linger project finished, and there's really no rush for us to get going yet, we still need to find the rest of the band. I'm most pleased with the fact that I was able to bring in a couple songs that I didn't think I'd ever have a place for and slid them right in to what we're doing.

After work today, I'll be rushing home to finish packing then hitting the road for Manitou Beach for a couple nights of camping and relaxing. Got the first night all to myself, then tommorrow afternoon, Rhonda will be joining me for the remainder of my days off. I'm really looking forward to it.

Other than that, work work work. There's a big dark rain storm on right now in Regina, the Science Center looks really cool when it's dark outside.

No comments: