Monday, September 05, 2005

This weekend, hurricane katrina

Well I don't have alot to say on the weekend, just yet. My outlook on life has changed a bit. Let's just say I made it, had a good time and I'm inspired. Now to an article I wrote but never published before leaving.

These are before and after images I pruned from Google maps. Check it out yourself at http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=New+Orleans&t=e. all images are copyrighted to google, click on the image to see the bigger view.

katrina-superdome-beforekatrina-superdome-after
Superdome - once famous now infamous. Before and after the hurricane.

katrina-levee-beforekatrina-levee-break
One of the levee's before and after it's burst... flooding New Orleans. ours to fill, months to drain.

Please support the victims of huricane Katrina by visiting the Hunger Site daily and by posting this banner up on your website. For code, please e-mail me

The Hunger Site - http://www.thehungersite.com

1 comment:

Soulfood said...

OK, I have something to say about Hurricane Katrina, and since you mentioned it in your blog, I will say here in your comments.

So, I'm sick of the US coverage of Hurricane Katrina. Yes, it's a tragedy, but I promise you, CNN.com went back to normal much quicker after the Tsunamis and that resulted in the death HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people, not just thousands. But because it happened in the US, it has to be the most horrible thing to happen ever!!!! The US media needs to get off it's high horse and treat this like the tragedy it is, not as just some media free-for-all. There's one reporter who is just following around the general in charge of the armed forces relief effort...just following him around and reporting about him!!! Does she help people??? NO!!!!

Kudos to all those people who are opening their homes to those who have lost theirs. I think those people are what the US really stands for. I think it's sad that a strong country like the US is portrayed as a stuck-up country...because that's what I, as a foreigner, see it as when I read their news and watch their media. I am a true believe that the US is really a lot like Canadians...the majority of people are caring people. And I don't feel they are given the credit they deserve.

Anyway, that's my short rant on the Hurricane Katrina situation. I hope things get back to normal soon, but the latest I've heard is that it's going to take 3 months to pump New Orleans clear of water.