Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A weird few days

So, I know that my blog has seemed normal the past couple days, but I haven't been. I had a great and positive weekend this past, and yet I leave it troubled. A certain event(s) occured that was welcome, quite so, but unexpected and oddly timed. It's left me confused and speechless as how to proceed. That's all you guys get. Those involved, if they read this, get ahold of me... I hope you know who you are.

Secondly, I rected very weirdly last night to the news of Syd Barrett passing. Basically I stayed up most the night, got drunk and listened to Pink Floyd. Sometimes I forget how much they inspired and influenced me growing up. To this day, a large painting I did at the Comprehensive School in Weyburn bears a hidden message that stated simply "Pink Floyd". I guess I just never really saw myself being the kind that got drunk over the death of a rock star... especially such a short lived one as Syd.

I think my name on MSN says it best, "Pilot-My brain is officially broken"

1 comment:

Pilon, A said...

Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone.......Doesn't exactly apply seeing as you don't have him and never met him and all the stuff that inspired you is technically still there, but I think at the same time, it applies completely.