Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Lucky Rider Hat Works!

So I bought this Sask. Roughriders hat this spring. I swore that as long as I wore it, the Riders would win.

Well they did a poor showing in the preseason, but I did notice that the times that I had been wearing the hat during the two pre-season games, they had been dominating.

So yesterday I wore the hat not only during the game, but during the entire DAY... I woke up and put the hat on.

And what was that final score... oh yes, Riders 42, Bombers 15. Sorry for having to hand you your asses so hard Winnipeg... maybe next time.

I will continue to wear this same hat until the Riders win the Grey Cup.

5 comments:

Soulfood said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Soulfood said...

See, that's a flawed argument Nathan. The Riders don't actually have anything to do with Saskatchewan really. Do you know how few of the players are actually from here??? For all we know, there are more Saskatchewan players on the Montreal team (I don't know, this is just an example). The fact that they're in Saskatchewan has no effect on how good they are. If it were the same exact team with the same people but in Toronto, they would be equally good or bad. Ha.

Pilot said...

But the difference is that the markets in Montreal and Toronto are better... more citizens=more fans.

With a better market, the team makes more money and thus can afford better players.

The CFL does have a salary cap, but its not enforced, so Toronto, BC and Montreal can dominate as they have more money.

Pilot said...

Doesn't mean I can't hope....

Anonymous said...

Go Sacramento!!! Oh wait, the U.S. franchises folded years ago. Hehe, as soon as the Grey Cup went there. Silly Football leagues. (Remember XFL! oh yeah!)