Friday, June 03, 2005

Live 8 and the future of the UNIVERSE! (or Pilot's World)

So it's been announced and it's gonna be cool, there is a new Live Aid this summer, Live 8. And I'm going to be in a fucking canoe on a river in the middle of nowhere. Dammit. Oh well it doesn't mean we all shouldn't keep our eyes open. July 2, 2005 y'all, mark your calendars.

Also, the point of the "Live" show this time, isn't about charity, but about awareness and government pressure. Find out how you can help by visiting White Band.

I'm also contemplating something a little wild. I want to post advertising on this blog. Not for personal gain mind you. But it occurs to me that I have very little financial ability to give to charities like this, but I do have a voice and control over a website that see's a few hundred hits a week. So by placing some advertising on the page, perhaps I could generate some revenue and donate the entire thing to Band-Aid, Oxfam, Red Cross or any other of the thousands of charities out there. I've even had ideas for other "mini-blogs" and the like that I could use to generate further hits.

So I'd like to know from all you dedicated readers if you'd think this was selling out, if it would be worth it and wether you'd support such a move. I welcome your input!

1 comment:

Pilot said...

Damn but I like cheeze Whiz.... feck!

Oh well, carities it is.