Sunday, May 15, 2005

Lighter Spirits

Ok so that last post was kinda negative, and helping Nathan over at Subablomic reminded me of a post/experiment I had to finish. So here it is.

Back on April 19th when Pope Benedict was elected poe, I took a screenshot of the Google Image search for "Pope Benedict XVI". It returned a mere 4 pictures.

April192005
Taken April 19, 2005

My purpose for this was that I hypothesised that within about a month there would be several pages worth of images f the new pope if I punched in the same seach string.

So this evening almost a month later, I punched in the same string. To my amazement, the count did not go up a single image!

May152005
Taken May 15, 2005

So now I'm curious a to how long it will take for this query to populate. So if anyone has time you can visit this link or the button at the side (googlepope)which will take you automatically to the search... drop me a line if the count goes up.

1 comment:

Pilon, A said...

And they aren't even pictures of our current pope.....that's crazy.