Friday, October 10, 2008

Pondering Strategic Voting

Well only a few days to the election. And all of a sudden I'm in a dilemma.

It's no secret that I would very literally take an axe to the head than cast a vote for this Conservative party. Even if I did consider myself a small "C" conservative, the party that we've had running the country has been deceitful, dishonest and just plain bad. From ignoring obvious issues to making a big deal and doing nothing, they've just fucked the dog for the past 2 years. Blame the Liberals if you want, but they've stayed home for the past 2 years, so find another whipping boy there guys.

Coming up to the election its becoming very clear that the election is going to be a very close one, with an almost certain minority. One of the seats that the Tories could potentially lose is the riding I'll be voting in. Word is that NDP Janice Bernier could potentially un-seat incumbent Andrew Scheer... but it could be close.

Now I've already made it pretty clear that I want to vote Green in this election, but a vote for the NDP could go a long way to shifting the balance of power. I'm not saying that my vote is going to make the difference between Prime Minister Harper or Prime Minister Dion, but the fact is, it could help. I have zero problem voting NDP, I've voted NDP provincially several times and I think once maybe twice federally. They're my third pick after the Greens and the Bloc Quebecquois.

At least I've got another handfull of days to decide, keep my eyes on the headlines and if I make my decision in the voting booth, well that's my choice to make.

God bless democracy.

3 comments:

Soulfood said...

Don't you wish we could vote Bloc? I totally would if they ran anywhere other than Quebec.

Pilon, A said...

Vote for me...I', running on the platform of communism and would make sure all those filthy conservatives pay for what they have done(except shanna...she would have to make me cookies)

Pilon, A said...

and yes I know how little sense that last post made...just leave me alone.