Monday, April 18, 2005

Pilon For Pope!

So the cardinals have entered the secret conclave, and the election for Pope has begun. Since the Vatican has done an excellent job of neutralizing outside influences, my work as campaign chairman to make my Dad Pope is pretty much done, but I thought I'd like to share with you some of the promotional materials that have been put up in churces and other places around the world.

The first Picture comes from the Trinity Catholic Church in Gimli, Manitoba. I called the Preist and discussed my father's campaign platform and he was more than happy to post a small message;

churchsign2

The next one was a long shot. Doing a little networking I came into contact with a minister from the Baptist church in French River, Nova Scotia. The minister felt that my Dad's platform would help unite the churches of the world and as such was enthusiastically willing to post his support for my father;

churchsign

The Commercial world also got involved. In Pack Square in Ashville North Carolina a small group raised money and had this message put up on their town sign. A great bit of work for the cause;

pack-square

So stay stuned. Because my father could be ordained Pope of Rome before the week is out. And if that happens, I'm on my way to sainthood and this blog will probably take up it's new place in the vatican.

6 comments:

Soulfood said...

Gotta love how each one says "www.churchsigngenerator.com" Wow, wonder where you got those from??

Anyway, they've already voted...black smoke. So far nothin'. Too bad dad's like 30 years too young and not a cardinal.

Pilon, A said...

and he's married which he can't be...he's not too young though. I could be pope...as long as you are under 80 yrs and are not married you could be pope. You don't even have to be a cardinal it's just that those guys are usually the best choice...next to dad of course.

Soulfood said...

Dude...there's a 60 year old and everyone's like "he's waaay too young" They pick a pope who will die soon. With the exception of JP2. What I love is that he was the one who pointed all the cardinals...all but 3. That's like stacking the senate to get the GST put through. Not to compare the pope to Mulroney or anything.

Soulfood said...

OK, White smoke has emerged!!! But I have to go to work soon...I hope they say who it is soon!!!! I'm betting on that black guy, I think a black pope would kick ass!!!

Pilon, A said...

They want a pope that will die soon so that they aren't syuck with the one they have. They person still can't be over 80yrs of age though. They wouldn't put me as pope because then I would be in comand for a long time, and if I made a decision they didn't like, they would be screwed. the new guy is Pope Benedict the sixteenth.

Soulfood said...

No shit would we ever be screwed if you made decisions!!! haha